Sightengine's Text Moderation API is useful to moderate any type of text contents: comments, messages, chats, posts and even usernames.
The categories of content that are detected are:
- Profanity: insults, discriminatory content, sexual content or other inappropriate words and phrases. More on Profanity moderation
- Personal Details: typically email addresses, phone numbers, IPs, US social security numbers etc. that qualify as personally identifiable information and should be hidden. More on PII detection.
- Links: URLs to external websites and pages. We can also help you flag domains and pages known to host unsafe or unwanted content. More on URL moderation
- Misleading usernames: usernames that intend to mislead other users or cause errors. More on Misleading username moderation
- Custom disallow list: specific words that you need to catch. Could be words specific to your community, could be a list of competitor names, etc. More on custom disallow lists
- Extremism: words, expressions or slogan related to extremist ideologies, people or events. More on Extremism detection
- Weapons: typically names or terms that related to guns, rifles and firearms. More on Weapon detection
- Medical drugs: names related to medical drugs. More on Medical drug moderation
- Recreational drugs: names and expressions related to recreational drugs. More on Drug moderation
You can also implement a custom whitelist to force our API to disregard any words or content you feel shouldn't be flagged.